Durango Fire Relief & Assistance
SW Colorado FIRE Relief Resources – 6‐12‐2018
is a list of local resources for those affected by the fires in our region. You can search
online to find most of these organizations.
As fundraising begins, existing funds are re‐allocated and earmarked for fire victims,
programs enacted and provisions collected, this list may be updated. Please email
email@example.com other community resources you find helpful.
Local Banks are offering a Line‐of‐Credit to their commercial business customers.
Mortgage Lenders offer disaster assistance options (i.e. defer payment up to 90‐
days) for borrowers temporarily without income.
- The Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado‐Community Emergency Relief Fund (CERF) 970‐375‐5807
- Region 9 Economic Development 970‐247‐9621
- La Plata County Economic Development Alliance 970‐259‐1700
- Durango Workforce Center/Small Business Development Center Network 970‐247‐0308
- Southwest Colorado SBDC‐Small Business Devl. Center on FLC Campus 970‐247‐7009
- Durango Chamber of Commerce 970‐247‐0312
- Colorado Small Business Hotline (Office of Business Development) 303‐592‐5920 or 1‐800‐333‐7798
- Department of Labor and Employment Colorado Dept. Of Labor and Employment, Labor Standards (unemployment benefits) 303‐318‐8441 or 1‐888‐390‐7936 https://www.colorado.gov/cdle
- SBA/SCORE (Small Business Administration/Service Corps of Retired Executives) 1‐800‐634‐0245
- NFIB Colorado‐The VOICE of Small Business 303‐860‐1778 NFIB Legal
- Durango Food Bank in Bodo and Fairgrounds Disaster Assistance Center provision boxes and gas vouchers
- Labor Systems Job Center 970‐385‐7400
- Department of Human Services – Food Stamps 970‐382‐6150
- Women’s Resource Center 970‐247‐1242
- SHARE Colorado 970‐749‐5659 or 970‐247‐1019 A monthly food distributor that
offers grocery packages at half the retail price to everyone. Durango Food Share
program at San Juan Basin Health Department 970‐247‐5702
- FEMA 1‐800‐621‐FEMA (3362) – During Missionary Ridge fire individuals affected by the fires were urged to start the application process ASAP.
- American RED CROSS Southwest Colorado Chapter 970‐259‐5383
- United Way of Southwest Colorado 970‐247‐9444
- La Plata County Emergency Management Fire HOTLINE ‐ ask about resources
- Colorado Division of Emergency Management (CDEM) in Centennial, Colorado –
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)‐Farm Service Agency offers emergency loans natural disaster assistance as a result of losses and damages caused by the recent drought. The USDA designated seven counties as “primary natural disaster areas” because of drought: Alamosa, Archuleta, Conejos, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Mineral and Rio Grande. USDA‐Rural Development Local Offices: Cortez Office (970) 565‐9045 x4 and Delta Office (970) 874‐5735 ext. 4 and Alamosa Office (719) 589‐5661 ext. 4
- DisasterAssistance.gov ‐ List of programs: https://www.disasterassistance.gov/get-assistance/find-assistance by-category-or-agency (check the category for Disaster Relief the SEARCH)